|Full Name:||General Asnerith Dreth IV, Sithire of Minkbrantha|
|Date of Birth:||Fall, 459|
|Country of Origin:||Caeth, Minkbrantha, Arangoth|
|Hair Color:||Sandy Brown|
|Eye Color:||Forest Green|
|Height:||Your character's height.6'1"|
|Aliases:||Butcher of Mokila|
|Creed:||Live by the sword, die by the sword. Be loyal unto death. If you're going to destroy a man, you must do so so wholly that they could never rise against you again.|
|Occupation:||Warlord / Sithire|
|Marital Status:||Married; Isabelle Auxerre|
Asnerith was born to Floxod Kaveth Dreth and his commoner wife, Veskessa Carth I.
From birth Asnerith was raised to be a soldier. At eight, like all the children of his lands, he began his military career with The Trials of the Sword. Few Dreth's have failed them, those that did either died or were stripped or name and exiled.
Following The Trials of the Sword Asnerith continued his training as a nobleman and warrior. The Dreth’s are an old family, and they followed the old ways. As the eldest child and only son, Asnerith was raised as the heir apparent. He was trained and tutored in survival, combat, leadership, politics, diplomacy, mathematics, and the sciences.
At the age of sixteen he had come of age, and was sent to the Zul Kiran front to squire for his Aunt Valoria. Tall and lean, with the gifts of his education, training, and bloodline, he proved his mettle with the sword.
When he was eighteen he was given command of a platoon, and later, as his father declined, he took command of The Bloody Fifth Regiment.
His cunning as a combatant commander and the expertly trained 5th Regiment won him many victories, that caught the eye of the Sithire.
Upon the death of his father, because of Asnerith's lack of an heir, his mother Veskessa, whom had attended the Sithire's court often, wrote to him, requesting the King assign her son to a safer duty.
He was sent immediately to Drache as a Magistrate.
While disinclined to be a Magistrate, Asnerith was smart and logical. He realized he could treat his time in Drache as a secondary training ground, a place to hone his political skills. As a magistrate he tended to air on the side of poetic justice, or irony in his rulings, and applied common-sense, instead of the letter of the law.
He has one sibling, a sister, Veskessa Dreth II, whom is blind. She is the Supreme Commander of the Bloody Fifth in his absense.
Following the Drachean Civil War, Asnerith commanded the Fifth to hold the city against Royalist forces. His actions, and that of his Army won him a seat on the city council, where he met the ineffable Isabelle Auxerre. Leveraging his vote as a council member he supported her bid for Sithire, and later, under the unspoken threat of marching on Drache, married her. Their unholy union proved fruitful, and together they bore a solitary heir, Prima Ul-Asnerith Dreth.
Asnerith is pragmatic and clever. His time in Drache as magistrate and council member had taught him a great deal about politics, and while he rules Minkbrantha in ‘the old ways’, he is not a backwards woodsman.
Asnerith is not quick to anger, but should someone raise his ire his response is often swift and cruel. He doesn’t hesitate to give people what they deserve, good, bad, or otherwise. As a leader he both gracious and confident.
Asnerith is tall and imposing, if not for his height, but his demeanor. His sandy blond hair is shaved on the sides and long on top, typically falling down to his ears on the sides when not swept back. His eyes, cunning and toxic green, tend to drift about a room, scanning faces and furtive actions. With a broad jaw, and thin, straight nose, Asnerith is handsome, in a rugged way. His smile is pleasant but alarming, there’s something too white, too sharp about it, and it never really reaches his eyes.
He wears black and dark red, the colors of his own house, though coincidentally the colors house Auxerre as well. Asnerith routinely carries a sword, or and a few other secondary weapons.
Abilities & Skills
Asnerith, like all children of his line was raised to be a general and knight, and exhibits the necessary traits, skills and abilities there within. Thusly, Asnerith is a dismounted combat expert, and proficient in mounted combat.
- Weapons Knowledge - Due to an extremely adept understanding of combat, Asnerith is proficient with all simple, improvised and martial weapons.
- Expert Swordsman - A lifetime of training and battlefield experience has honed Asnerith's skills to a razor's edge. He specializes in Two-Handed Swords and Sword and Shield combat.
- Armor Expertise - Asnerith is proficient in all forms of chain and metal armor, with the physical prowess and know how to maintain maneuverability in anything up to brigandine and field plate.
- Unarmed Combat - Asnerith is a large man with a substantial build. More troubling for a foe however is his training as an unarmed combatant. When left with no weapon, or choice, Asnerith becomes a ferocious brawler, attempting to over power and kill his opponent through any means necessary.
- Schooled Tactician - Tactics are the means to an end, battlefield decisions that lead an individual, team or unit from start point to victory. Asnerith studied tactics from a very young age. In Zul Kiras he developed, executed, analyzed and modified many of the dismounted tactics taught to him as a child. He is considered one of the foremost tacticians of his time.
- Advanced Strategist - Strategy encompasses the overarching theme of a military operation and defines the parameters that the battle takes place in. This encompasses everything from troop placement, unit strength, resource management, logistical support and decisions concerning mission execution. Asnerith, having been groomed for and operating as a Regimental Commander, has a profound and in depth understanding of ground-combat strategy. This understanding allows him to make solid, common-sense decisions based on limited information and the weight of risk-reward. It is said his sister, Veskessa Dreth is an even better strategist, though he would say otherwise.
- Physical Prowess - The Dreth family has always prided itself on their combat skills as foot soldiers. Without a horse to carry themselves and equipment to and from battle they were forced to develop tremendous endurance. Moreover, maneuvering and fighting as dismounted knights requires a great deal of strength. Floxod Harvath Dreth had developed a physical fitness program that is utilized by both the family and their military forces that results in strong, tough and durable warriors.
- Woodsman - Castle Dreth is located along a large spring fed lake, in thick, old growth forest. As a boy, Asnerith spent his time hunting, fishing and exploring the old woods. Long stretches of time spent deployed forward, or as a leader of an expeditionary force only sharpened the young noble’s ability to not only survive, but thrive in even the most austere environs.
- Close to the People - The Dreth lands are large in land mass but sparsely populated and relatively rugged. In order to survive and thrive in this difficult terrain the Lords of Castle Dreth and the people have always exhibited a close relationship. Their shared experience with the peasantry in the crucible of combat through the Sithire's multiple military campaigns over the years has created mutual respect.
- Political Savvy - While his family is not known to be particularly political, or even ambitious outside of a military campaign, Asnerith's mother, born a commoner, was. She instilled in him a set of social beliefs and ideas that allow him to navigate the complicated relationships within the Arangothian hierarchy, and even the shadow hierarchy in Drache.
- Honor Bound - There are limits to what Asnerith is willing to do or accept due to his belief structure. While logical and pragmatic, he does have a sense of right and wrong. He will routinely choose the well being of the people above that of the peerage or himself. Moreover, he is extremely unlikely to shirk a battle or certainly wouldn't back down once engaged. This makes him particularly dangerous in single combat, as the young nobleman is willing to fight to the death, before accepting the dishonor of a loss.
- Asnerith has no magical skills innately, though he does practice Shadow and Blood magic under the tutelage of his sorcerous wife. He can manipulate his own blood, or spilled blood within 15' of him, shaping it into temporary, durable objects, such as a spike that erupts from the ground, or a dagger in hand. He can also manipulate shadows within 15', using them to conceal himself, others, or generate small tendrils as strong as a human hand, though he continues to work on improving these skills. He can only cast one spell at a time, and all require concentration.
- Lycanthropy - Asnerith is a hereditary werewolf, though he keeps this a secret save for from his closest companions. With this comes the following abilities. Asnerith has three forms; The first is his human form, the second is a dire wolf, and the third is his battleform, in which he is 10 ft tall and weighs 800 lbs. Accelerated healing; small wounds heal almost instantly, grievous injuries may hours instead of days. In a week he could recover fully from a mortal wound, but it would take longer to regrow a limb, depending on the extent of the damage. Tremendous strength; Asnerith can lift several times that of a regular human, and can lift several hundred pounds if set to do so. Supernatural Constitution; Asnerith can take a tremendous amount of damage, but more importantly, he can sustain high levels of physical exertion for hours before reaching his limits. Supernatural Reflexes; Asnerith has wolf like reflexes. Enhanced Senses; with Lycanthropy, Asnerith can smell, hear, and see in the dark as well as a wolf.
- Asnerith has access to and the skills to use many weapons, but he routinely carries and uses just his great sword. It's five feet in length, with a serrated black blade and a golden handle. It's enchanted to be extremely sharp, and unbreakable. Despite it’s weight, it’s attunement allows him to swing it with ease.
- Asnerith wears different armors based on his mobility needs. Specifically, he dons dragon scale armor which has protection from fire, or black plate and chain enchanted to be light. The black plate also is silent, and absorbs small amounts of light, increasing his ability to hide in shadows and darkness.
- Asnerith has no artisan skills outside of basic woodsmanship and carpentry.
Rumors of a Curse and Lycanthropy
- There is a well known rumor, in the courts of the various Arangothian houses, that the Dreth family suffers from hereditary Lycanthropy. Many believe this plays into the family's astonishing prowess and durability in combat, not to mention their ability to recover from profound or mortal injuries. When he was at the front, Asnerith would routinely be asked this by his men, to which would simply smile, and ask, "Would that bother you?" This could have been a strategic maneuver however, in order to keep his men in line and motivated.
- There is a rumor of a Dreth family curse, laid upon the family by a local witch whom was turned away from their gates and left out in a snowstorm by then matriarch, Neskessa Dreth. Neskessa was of the bloodline and known to be beautiful and arrogant. It is said that the witch cursed Neskessa to have blind daughters, so they could never see how beautiful their mother was. Veskessa Dreth II, Asnerith's sister, is in fact blind. Though she is aided in her sight by an enchanted swath of fabric drawn over her eyes, she refuses to believe the curse. There had not been a Dreth daughter in 3 generations prior to her birth. Neither Asnerith nor Veskessa speak openly of whether they were sighted or not.
=Lands and Holdings=
- Shuunen Deceased
- Noire Delaney Missing
=The Culture and Lands=
- Selective Breeding (Eugenics)