|Full Name:||Rixallia Vannex|
|Date of Birth:||25.X.471|
|Country of Origin:||Arangoth|
|Hair Color:||White blonde|
|Creed:||Do what's necessary to survive|
|Occupation:||Scullery maid, errand gopher, thief|
Rix was born to a human prostitute named Veskessa Vannex. Her birth was something of a surprise to Veskessa, who was completely unaware of her pregnancy until going into labour one late morning. Due to Rix's gently pointed ears, it was assumed that an elven man was her father, though which actual client of Veskessa's was never determined with any satisfaction. Using magic was too cost prohibitive. Upon hearing of Rix's birth, one elven client did step forward as a potential candidate, and even attempted to help raise her, but he was something of a drunkard and prone to violence. As a small child, Rix grew up in this particularly volatile household, if it could be called such. The man she called 'Father' was a wastrel, who often times beat Veskessa and Rix both. Once, when Rix was eight, he set upon her while in a drunken stupor, and cut the corner of her mouth with a knife. Her cries of pain and terror alerted Veskessa. Following the violent argument between the two, the elf left and was never seen again. Once again, the use of magic would have been too costly to repair Rix's mouth, and the wound was instead stitched with cat gut. It left a nasty scar which Rix has carried into her adulthood.
Following Rix's Brakkerat in the year 488, she left the brothel her mother worked at to live on the streets with a group of other street urchins. This group worked together to pickpocket crowds and beg on the streets when necessary. They kept themselves fed and clothed to their meager means, and squatted in a number of old or derelict buildings following the magma wyrm’s reign of terror.
It wasn’t long before the bright eyed little thief was scouted by Markham Gray, a member of the Correspondence of Thieves. Recruited into the thieves guild, Rix is undergoing strength and agility training, being educated in the use of disguises and stealth, and learning how to pick more complicated locks. With her first lurinthoon, given to her by a guileless and somewhat confused old man, she had the scar on her mouth removed as it was a distinguishing mark.
She currently makes a modest living as an errand girl for an alchemist named Ezra Avelar, along with her jobs for the Correspondence.
Rix is an outspoken young woman, with very little filter when she’s not on the job. She swears quite often, especially when animated or excited. Capable of containing herself while on jobs, or conducting some sort of con, Rix has been learning how to mute her own personality and to put on the affect of others to gain their confidence.
Rix is a waifishly small half elven young woman, who appears young for her age. Due to malnourishment in her childhood, her growth was somewhat stunted. She is short and skinny, with thin limbs and a small frame. Her white hair is kept around shoulder length and usually left hanging freely. It's not washed frequently, and is often times dull with dirt and oil. She dresses within her means, usually cast offs and clothing that is far too large for her, making her appear as if she's drowning in her clothing.
More recently, Rix has appeared modestly clothed and actually able to keep herself clean. While still not quite wealthy enough to afford tailored garments, she no longer appears as a street urchin, unless she is playing the part of a beggar or pickpocket in the Market. She has adopted the chameleon approach to her jobs and her day to day looks, fitting the clothing to the role she is supposed to be playing.
Abilities & Skills
As a half-elf, Rix’s features skew towards the young side of her real age. She also has slightly pointed ears that are common enough amongs half breeds. Inherited from her elven father, her speed, dexterity and agility are somewhat better than a human’s, but not comparable to true elves. Rix’s hearing is also better than the average human’s, given her elven heritage. With her small hands and fingers, she is capable of maneuvering small objects like lockpicks. She has been learning to walk soundlessly, and scale the sides of buildings with small grapple lines, along with tumbling and other acrobatics.
- Acrobatics: Since her recruitment into the Correspondence, Rix has been learning various forms of acrobatics. She has been spending a lot of her free time training herself in tumbling and climbing. Rix can pull her own weight up on ledges through hand holds or with a thin grapple line, which she has been learning to aim and shoot with increasing accuracy.
- Lock Picking: This skill is being acquired through practical education. Not all jobs require the application of her skills, but she is often given locks by her mentors to pick during downtime. Rix is capable of picking several types of simple to moderate locks, while the more complicated locks are outside of her skill range at the moment.
- Sleight of Hand: Rix is deft at picking pockets in crowds in Market Square or other busy places within Drache. Her touch is light and fingers dexterous in the lifting of purses. She is also able to perform a couple of simple coin tricks.
- Stealth: Rix has been learning how to move soundlessly from shadow to shadow. Training to distinguish those noises that indicate how close someone is, she has been learning to avoid guards and the inhabitants of buildings where her jobs are located.
- Dagger: A small iron dagger that is decently made, but pretty pedestrian in appearance. Its balance is good, and is relatively easy for Rix to weild.
- Stilettos: Rix owns a pair of matched iron stilettos which she has been learning wear in bracers along her forearms. With a flick of her wrist, they can be released into her hands.
- Grappling Hook: This is a metal hook with four prongs and a thin, but sturdy climbing rope attached to it. Rix has been learning to throw it with increasingly better accuracy.
- Lock Picking Tools: Rix has a small leather wrapped kit of various sized iron lock picks. This kit can be tucked into her belt when necessary.